Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hard Week!!

Extremely hard this week, not only because of Lisa's death, but we had a scare with bed bugs. Elder Steele got done with morning exercise and went upstairs to take a shower and the next thing we hear is a bunch of thuds and Elder Steele yell come quick. We all ran upstairs and Elder Steele with his shirt up and says I think we have bed bugs. So we called Sister Vellinga and she said to clean and spray, so that's what we did. Luckily no sign of bed bugs.
Getting ready for this baptism has also been a challenge. A lot of things to prepare for. This week has been absolutely crazy.
The funniest thing that happened was we went golfing. It was a ton of fun and the highlight of the week. We were planning a ultimate Frisbee game this coming Monday (13 Aug).
I also found out that the temple has a new video, I am so jealous. I am so excited to to see this new video.
Tell the young men a mission is not something to be taken lightly. It is extremely hard. But the experiences are priceless. Like getting to baptize my first investigator.
This experience is so rewarding. Including the people you meet, you learn to absolutely love them. I mean even though I'm in the Ghetto and people get shot everyday, there are nice people where ever they may be.
I have gained such a strong testimony and am loving my mission, I'm even dreading coming home, even though it's 22 months away. But the hardest is yet to come and that is leaving on the airplane to go home. It's hard for missionaries to go home, because they love it so much. I wish that we all could stay missionaries because it's so awesome.
Also this week we found sixteen dollars. My companion and I decided to share it and buy shakes. That's all I have tell next week.

Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment